PAGE LAST UPDATED: MAY 24, 2014
Below are a few historical items related to Studio 33 and/or The Price Is Right.
- Staging Sheets illustrate the graphical manner in which the show is blocked out by the director. The technical crew, producers and talent refer to this information to prepare for production. Page 1 | Page 2
- Here's a page of announce copy.
- These pages are from a Mark Goodson Television Productions marketing brochure published circa 1993. They offer an interesting glimpse into the legendary game show company while it was still an independently owned and operated institution ... before Pearson Television's acquisition.
- View Staging Sheets from episodes #1701k and #1702k. These two episodes were recorded on January 8, 2001, for air on February 12 and 13, 2001. 1701k: Page 1 | Page 2 | Page 3 1702k: Page 1 | Page 2 | Page 3
- Studio audiences were provided with postcards to inform friends when they might be seen on TV. After filling out the back, people deposited the cards into a bin, and the show would provide the postage and mailing.
- If you attended a taping around the time of the show's 10th anniversary season (1981-82), you received one of these buttons.
- Director extraordinaire Marc Breslow was at the helm of two popular Studio 33 productions, The Price Is Right (1972-86) and Match Game '7x.
Listen to the master at work in these excerpts from Match Game '79. (Flash 8 video format)
I think few directors can perform to this level today without relying on "iso" cameras and post-production editing.